Friday, February 29, 2008

Lessons learned this week

I learned a lot about cars this week.

On Monday Sean taught me to change a tire. I had a basic idea of how to do it, but hadn't realize how hard those lug nuts are to get off! But, the key to it is quite simple. Show a little leg. If you show enough leg, the whole tire gets changed magically!

On Wednesday Sean was changing the oil in the van so I took the car to pick Schuyler up from school. I had been in class all day myself and had worn my cute little heeled clogs (about 2" of heel on those things). Well...lesson for this day is that stick and heels don't mix! I ended up driving barefoot which was rather unpleasant.

And lastly, yesterday I saw an article in the paper that gas is supposed to be over $4 a gallon. Is spending more on gas than groceries for a family of 4 horrible, or what?! This actually makes me miss our old very small apartment simply because we could bike nearly everywhere! And a month ago I saw gas for $4.07 in RWC!

Sorry, no picks of tires, legs, or heeled clogs.
:)

No comments: