Monday, September 24, 2007

"My school is neater than your school"

My dear Emma. This morning she informed me that her school is neater than mine. I have to agree! I told her that we all wish we could go to her school instead because it is much more fun than all of ours!

First we have the purple wall that separates PreK from Kinder. That is cool.

And, her school is pretty. But not as pretty 'because there are boys'.

Then they have the kitchen. "But they serve because little ones cannot go into the kitchen." Okay - where's my kitchen with people serving me lunch? The rest of us feast on PBJ every day while Emma gets fascinating full hot meals in a variety of flavors. She gets her protein and veggies, carbs and fruits, and milk and juice every day. Plus, every Friday is chocolate chip cookie day. It doesn't get 'neater' than that!

Not to mention that Sean and I don't have a playground at our schools.

And, naptime. Emma is tickled that she is the only one with naptime. She gets to rest with her teddy while the rest of us work.

If you ask her who her friends are, she lists off many boys names...a little concerning for the mommy of the baby girl (but lucky Daddy and big brother didn't hear!). When asked about girls, one is listed and I am promptly informed that "she's nice but she doesn't listen to the teacher. I listen to the teacher."

And so it's time to say goodbye and have a great day. I ask for a big hug to tide me over for the very long day because I will miss her. She gives me a little one and says "Don't worry mommy, today isn't very long. I won't be at preK forever!" No kidding. Tomorrow, you'll be 18.

No comments: