My sweet innocent baby boy, now 9 years old, has informed me that he recognizes the handwriting on the gifts from Santa, and has known for 2 Christmases. How depressing. He promises not to ruin it for Emma and finds it funny that we have this giant secret from her. I made it less funny for him with the talk of the spirit of Santa being very real (that was really when he agreed not to spoil it for her...guilt much? I could be Jewish!). That led into the talk about it being Jesus' birthday, not ours. Yep, Christmas is much less fun for the older kids. Any fun ideas to make it extra special for Schuyler this year on a strict budget?
On the positive side, I don't have to be quite so cunning this year finding hiding places for Santa's gifts, and the ones I do find are all new because of the move. :)
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment