Monday, June 23, 2008

Farewell baseball season

Yes, it's been awhile since the last post. Baseball season is over now. We had our end of season party where Schuyler was deemed "Mr. Inspiration". Quite fitting since his comeback inspired the rest of the team at several games.

Here are his season stats, not bad for his first year!!



















box caused problem so look lower for stats








9

0

0

4

3

.120

.542

.120

Of note are the 23 walks (BB) and .542 on-base percentage (OBP). The 15 runs scored (R) and 9 stolen bases (SB) are also good. (quote from coach)

Not included is the double he hit. There was one game where we didn't have someone keeping track of stuff. The box of info boggled my mind so I did a little research:

(25) AB is the number of times he was up to bat.
(48) PA is plate appearance
(15) R is the number of runs
(3) H is the number of hits
(0) 2B is the number of doubles
(0) 3B is the number of triples
(0) HR is the number of home runs
(0) ROE is reached on error (when batter reaches first on defensive error)
(23) BB is bases on balls (walks)
(18) SO is strikes out
(9) SB is the number of stolen bases
(0) CS is caught stealing
(0) SAC is sacrifices
(4) RBI is runners batted in
(3) TB is total bases
(.120) AVG is the batting average
(.542) OBP is on base percentage
(.120) SLG is slugging percentage

For slugging percentage, I was boggled. So, I went to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slugging_percentage
to find out more. Wow, that's complicated. Doesn't factor in walks, which is one reason his percentage is so low :)

Fun times, fun times. :) Can't wait until next year. Never thought I would ever say I miss baseball!!

No comments: