Friday, June 29, 2012

Stinky Car Frustrations

So this is funny now.  It wasn't at the time though - a couple days ago when I wrote it.

Emma had violin today, and we had taken the van in to the shop this morning.  I had stinky car. 

We go out to the hot driveway to get into the very hot car (keep in mind my van stays in the cool garage) with violins, bags, etc. in tow.  I insert key to unlock car, open the door, BAM!  Car alarm.  We've had this car for 5 years...no idea it had an alarm.  Tried shutting door, fidget with lock, tried starting it (they don't start when the alarm is on). 

Called Sean, couldn't hear him with the thing blasting.  A neighbor was outside and he went back in and closed his garage (Thanks for the help!  Jeesh!).  Sean has me try several other things, none of which worked.  In a very mature moment, I sat on the drive and whined. 

Eventually it turned off.  Sean had me go back to the passenger side, unlock from outside, open the door (BAM again with that alarm), fidget with the inside locks from that side and I got it to turn off. 

Late for violin.  Or so I thought.  His clock is off.  He who gets mad at me for my usually ahead of time van clock has his car clock 20 minutes ahead. 

Thought I lost his duct taped and hot glued bumper on some speed bumps, because I was petrified I'd stall out on those bumps.  Don't tell him that.

Van is done now though , stopped by after violin.  Curbed the car just a smidge (don't tell him that, either) because I was fighting with the stupid shifter - it didn't want to go into first (despite only going about 2 mph, if that). 

Then, showing that car hates me more than I hate it, it smacked me on the head when I got out.  (I have a goose egg)

If we tried, we probably could not get the alarm to go off again.  Just sayin'.

I told the lady who cashed me out getting the van that she should tell people to steal the car for me.  I'll even leave it unlocked.  Which I didn't.  Because Sean's last words to me this morning when I dropped him at work were not "I love you" or "have a good day".  They were "take care of my baby, it makes me nervous when you drive her."  And he was NOT talking about either of his children.

No comments: