Monday, January 7, 2008

Christmas Day and other photos

Here are a few promised pictures! The first is Schuyler with the puzzle my mom sent for Christmas right after we completed it. He made sure we left it on the counter for a while, I guess to 'prove' that we did it.


Second, his roller coaster! Made of k'nex, he had a ton of fun making this. Again, as he makes them I will photograph them and post them. He's been playing with this one for a while now, so hopefully he'll make a new one soon.



Mom also got Sean a robot he could put together with Schuyler for Christmas. Emma had lots of fun playing, too. It was easy enough to use for her to be able to enjoy the toy as well as Schuyler and Sean.


Proud Schuyler - feels a lot like his Dad building robots.... :)


Sean was excited to get the gift! I think this excitement was partly because this is the ONLY toy he got this year. The rest was clothes. Welcome to adulthood. Stinks, doesn't it?


Super excited Emma, Mom steals a quick hug, Dad too quick on the camera...


Stockings...


Excitement over baseballs. Doesn't take much. :)
The big gift in the back in the blue paper was Schuylers' "big" gift this year. In it was a series of smaller and smaller boxes, each wrapped in Christmas paper. The final box was one I made for him for storage on his desk. In that was his paperwork to play PONY baseball this spring. After tremendous disappointment that it wasn't a $6,000 telescope, he was excited about baseball. I remember this being done to me when I was his age and it's the gift I remember opening above all others. But, I shouldn't have done this to him because he was so set on getting that telescope and I just didn't even realize...


Another crazy Emma before she got to see if Santa came. I covered her eyes and took her to Schuyler's room to round them both up together to get that typical Christmas morning on tape where I tease the kids into thinking Santa didn't come and then SURPRISE! He did come after all.

Reading the letter that Santa left. Santa loved the gingerbread cookies and milk, but did tell both kids they need to clean their rooms much more often and LISTEN to their parents. Good luck with that!

No comments: