Reds win again!
I'm learning a bit more about baseball as we go along. The moms had a discussion with one dad and the Umpire during warm ups about RBI's and different situations where runs count and when they don't. Very interesting!
Schuyler walked from 4 balls, no strikes, stole 2nd when the catcher mishandled the ball, then stole 3rd when the catcher overthrew the ball back to pitcher, and still then took home when it was overthrown back to the pitcher. Terrific sliding! I am really needing to live up to my end of the bargain on scrubbing those stains! There was even blood involved today!!
His second up was also a walk with 4 balls and 1 strike. He didn't get to home though because our third out came when he was running to home and the other team got the ball to 1st before the batter could get to first. :(
He had 2 RBI's, which I find out is what happens when you bat (or walk) and it gets a player home off of your hit. Way cool to have those!
Uneventful outfield...no balls came his way in right field, and the one inning he was at 2nd base, the pitcher struck out the first 2 batters. The third batter got to 1st because he was hit with the ball on what would have been strike 3, and the fourth batter was out because his hit was caught by 3rd baseman. Reds have seriously improved their teamwork and communication, and have learned more to not be afraid of the ball - go out there and catch it!
He didn't get hit by the ball today, thankfully! But 3 of his teammates did. All were champs and 'took one for the team'.
Sean had to work and I forgot the camera. Not that I could have grabbed many shots with Emma in tow - she is very bored by this whole thing and there were only little brothers there to play with, no girls, and color wonder happiness has worn off.
Next game Wednesday, Reds vs. Orioles. It's supposed to rain (again!) so if it's wet, no camera. Otherwise I'll attempt some shots.
In the meantime, I've some massive scrubbing to do...!!!!!
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment